There’s no doubt that we live in a day and age when we are constantly surrounded by electronic gadgets. I ...
Well, I’ve used my blog to share a lot of personal stuff about myself in the past. But I have to admit I took pause about sharing this post. It will be interesting to see if any of you who know me well are shocked by any of this. And for those who don’t know me very well, I hope you’re not a big believer in first impressions:)!
So without further ado, here’s 5 things I’m ashamed to admit that I enjoy…
1. Professional wrestling – Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve always been in awe of professional wrestling. This is quite a paradox as I am a devout pacifist. While pro wrestling is staged, it is still a glorification of violence. So my infatuation is quite perplexing. That being said, I find the character development, story lines and acrobatics quite neat. I feel it is one of the most relevant forms of theatre in our modern world today. Still, I feel sheepish to admit it.
2. Licking my plate – So first off, I would never do this in public or in front of anyone else other than my wife (she doesn’t mind, BTW). But when at home, after a good dinner with some tasty sauce residue on my finished plate, I will ALWAYS pick that plate up and lick it all up! So thorough a job I do, I could probably stick the plate back into the cupboard rather than place it in the dishwasher. For me, that’s the best part of any meal. When I’m in a restaurant, I always feel it’s a pity that I can’t do it. I guess my shame-metre has a certain level it will not go pass.
3. Sniffing – I have this habit of sniffing everything! It gives me the feeling that everything is okay. This is especially the case of any fabric, even if it has been washed. Even if it does not smell like anything, I still feel good for having done it anyway. Hmm, based on this and #2, I must have been a dog in a previous life!
4. Trailer Park Boys – So for those who have seen this TV show, you’ll know that it’s vulgar, crude, foul-mouthed and downright immoral. If you’ve never seen the show and don’t appreciate any of these traits, PLEASE do not watch. For some reason though, the stupidity of it all amuses the heck out of me! Maybe I appreciate the show so much because it makes subtle statements on human nature and our society. Or maybe I’m just trying to justify my moronic appreciation of it. After all, I would never rob, sell drugs or use foul language (as often). But still, it makes me laugh every time I watch and I can’t miss a show.
5. The sound of my LOUD laugh – Whenever I get amused, I can laugh, and laugh quite boisterously. I realize it and it’s always bugged me. I feel like I sound like a crazed animal. But even though I’ve always been sensitive to how people might react to my laugh, I’ve always let ‘er rip. In the end it is who I am and it makes me feel good to laugh this way. There’s so much to cry about in the world, it’s important to laugh when the occasion arises. So if you’ve never heard the laugh and we meet in person one day, brace yourself!
I would like to thank you all for hearing me out – I feel so much better getting all this off my chest! As you can see, I’m a bit strange. But I’m still determined to be who I am and have fun – that’s all we can be!