I’ve lived in Toronto for 25 years and I feel like I’ve experienced everything that this city has to offer. But after giving it some thought, there’s definitely some places and events I would so very much like to experience…
1. Leafs Game @ Scotiabank Arena – Back in the 1990s, I was fortunate to see my favourite team play at old Maple Leaf Gardens on 2 or 3 occasions. But since they’ve made the move down Bay St, never been. To clarify, I’ve seen the Raptors a few times, just not the Leafs. I need to get more friends who have corporate seats:)!
2. Opera @ the Four Seasons Centre – I’ve been fortunate to see many musicals, plays and operas in many of Toronto’s grand theatres, but never an opera at the FSC. It’s a beautiful facility – saw a ballet there once and really enjoyed it.
3. TIFF – This is probably the biggest crime…I’ve never attended a screening at TIFF! I’m a huge movie buff so it would probably be an awesome experience. TIFF is such an important part of the Toronto cultural fabric – it really should be a rite of passage of living in this city to attend.
4. Scarborough Bluffs – I enjoy hiking immensely. Despite the rush-rush nature of Toronto, it has so many beautiful spots nature-wise to unwind and enjoy magnificent natural wonders. One such area is the Scarborough Bluffs…or so I have been told since I STILL HAVEN’T BEEN THERE!!!
5. Skating @ City Hall – Such an iconic place for Toronto in winter, yet never laced up the blades. I think I’ve delayed it because I don’t think I would enjoy the crowds. Still should be done at least once though.
6. Aga Khan Museum – In my defence, this is a pretty new place so I can be excused for not having gotten there yet. One of the most architecturally stunning places in the city though along with very interesting exhibits. Must get there soon!
7. Ripley’s Aquarium – Like zoos, I’m not sure about the ethics around places like this. But everyone I’ve talked to has raved on how amazing it is.
Toronto’s such a cosmopolitan city with so much to see and do. Even if you live here, it’s hard to keep up. It’s always presenting new things – yikes, how will I keep up:)?! Looking forward to experiencing these new adventures in the future.
How about you? What’s on your Toronto Bucket List?