This past week, I heard of the passing of famed photographer, Frank Horvat, at the age of 92. I came ...
My 45th birthday took place on Friday. Lot’s of thoughts have compiled in my mind over all these years. Here’s some of them…
1. Love is the most important thing.
2. As much as a human being would like to think they can lead a solitary life, they can’t.
3. The Toronto Maple Leafs will win a Stanley Cup sometime in my lifetime.
4. I love my parents.
5. The phrase, “Talk behind my back” needs to be changed to “Talk behind my front.”
6. If we are to fight climate change, cars can no longer be seen as symbols of vanity or status or pride.
7. I no longer care about cake, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out.
8. I’m proud that I’m getting to a level of zen where other people’s words cannot hurt or annoy me.
9. Seeds and nuts are fun to eat.
10. It’s exciting to get excited.
11. I’m looking forward to having 1000 compositions in my portfolio.
12. Compliments are nice, not uncomfortable.
13. I love dogs, but I wouldn’t want to own one.
14. I was obsessed with chocolate chip cookies as a child, now the smell and taste repulse me.
15. I love my wife.
16. I love our Toronto sports teams but I only watch morning highlights if they won.
17. Pride in yourself allows you to respect the rights of others.
18. I like to laugh.
19. I need to spend more time in water.
20. I like the feeling that something is going to happen…before it happens.
21. Even though it’s a corporate giant, Netflix is a pretty amazing source of programming.
22. I’m a carnivore, but I love animals.
23. Politics will always be a scam until we have full representation by population.
24. Blue is my favourite colour, but I appreciate other colours too.
25. As I get older, I feel less like a child of immigrants.
26. The United States must drop this whole P2 Visa thing for visiting musicians.
27. I would like to think that losing my hair won’t bother me, but it will.
28. I love walking to get around but I would also probably enjoy biking again one day.
29. Working with people I like has become a personal necessity.
30. I love myself.
31. The lines of composing concert music vs. pop songs vs. film/tv score is becoming more and more blurred each passing day.
32. I like routine.
33. I like repetition.
34. I like repetition.
35. The frequency of people I know who are dying is growing.
36. I like the fact that I weigh less now than when I did as a teenager.
37. I love kids, but I’m happy I don’t have one of my own.
38. Sometimes I’m not in the mood to look a stranger in the eye.
39. I am enough.
40. As much as I like to plan everything meticulously, I’m also enjoying the idea of adventures happening organically.
41. I love outputting music but I don’t obsess about what people think of it.
42. My favourite drink is water.
43. As long as technology stays a tool, then I think we’re going to be okay.
44. When depressed, it’s important to know that it’s okay to be depressed.
45. Being 45 is amazing, but I know 46 will be even better.