My Ever Evolving Personal Philosophy on Life
Some say being a musician is a cause in and of itself (& thank-you to everyone who has helped me so generously throughout my career!). But, I think life is all about feeling passionate about living and taking steps to make the world around you better. I hope my music can in some way help others find the inspiration they need to make a positive change, make them feel passionate about living.
My good friend Chris Winter, the Executive Director of Canada Conserves, gives me inspiration as I share his vision: “Conservation by choice is the art of living lightly. It is the ability to use less and live more.” Everyday I strive to live a little more. And, to do so with a little less so I can leave the best of me behind.
Every one of us is doing something good. In the past I’ve given of myself to these folks as they strive to achieve what I’m passionate about…
- World Wildlife Fund
- Protection International
- The Bruce Trail
- Bullfrog Power – powering my home with green gas & electricity
- Less Emissions – carbon credits for when I must fly
- Front Door Organics – keeping me eating well & lightly on the planet
- Daily Bread Food Bank
- SKETCH – working arts for street involved and homeless youth
- MusiCounts – keeping music alive in schools across Canada
- Lakeshore Arts – improving the availability of arts in my neighbourhood
I currently have two projects that are raising money for charity, please take a look: